A few weeks ago I was watching 'Secret Millionaire'. I was sitting on the couch and I started looking around at all of our 'stuff'. I looked under the Christmas tree and thought how ridiculous the amount of presents were under the tree, and I had only wrapped half! And no one needs any of the stuff I had bought, I just bought it for them because it is Christmas. I decided that this was the last Christmas I was going to go all out and buy all of this useless stuff for everyone. It is just getting ridiculous as we get older, there's so many people to buy for and they don't even need it! Why not put all of that money to good use and spend it on someone that actually needs it? From now on, we will be buying for the kids only and putting the rest of the money towards a family in need. This year I found a family with a single mother who is at work from 6am-7pm.. She has two daughters and she is struggling to make ends meet. She has informed her daughters there will be no presents this year because she just can't afford it. How sad would you have been if when you were a kid your parents told you there would be no presents? I've started a collection at work and through word of mouth for this family so we can give them a good Christmas despite their troubles. We're going to give them a turkey with all the trimmings, a basket full of food, some presents for the kids and hopefully a few gift certificates. If anyone is interested in donating we will be collecting until Monday. You can contact me at trudybowslaugh@hotmail.com
Thanks everyone for all of your help! It is because of you that will make this Christmas special for this family!
No comments:
Post a Comment