Thursday, January 15, 2009

Time to put on our dancing shoes!

As many of you know, or as the lucky ones have seen, good dancers run in our family. We just have this gift of getting down, feeling the music, we're just talented I guess. As my little sisters wedding is quickly approaching (February 7th) my mom thought it may be a good idea to take a little dance lesson. She arranged it for last night, and we had some one on one training. Man, was it a sight to see! My mom, dad, sister Rebecca, my brother Chris, Tim and I went to learn a few more steps to add to our sweet skills. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Just watching my mom and dad made me realize where we get our dancing skills from. They are so stiff and you can just tell that they feel so uncomfortable! It was so funny! The six of us were pretty much the worse dancers the teacher had ever seen, I'm sure. Well actually, Tim, my dad and mom were the worst dancers she must've ever seen. Rebecca, Chris and I are pretty good. Well, good may be exaggerated. Let's just say we're entertaining.
I think dancing looks ridiculous. I think it's hilarious. I like to get out on the dance floor and watch people. I pick someone out from the crowd and I imitate them...I'm not making fun of them, I'm stealing their sweet moves. I could never go onto a dance floor and totally get into the music seriously, that's just not me. I like to have fun and make people laugh. We all know we're horrible dancers, but we have such a blast! And that's the most important thing!

Do you like to dance? Are you a good dancer?

No comments: