
It's not very often that I have Charlotte all day and night, just myself. Usually it is only if Tim has a side job or something he needs to get done. Yesterday was one of those days. And, she was sick...she threw up in my hand (discusting), she had the snottiest nose you'd ever see, fever, etc. It really makes you appreciate the help that you normally have.
This blog is about single mothers. I don't know how they do it! I only have one kid, and I have an awesome husband that helps me so much, and when I have her the whole day by myself, I am just exhausted by the end of it...and not in the greatest mood.
Single mothers work full time with their kids, usually work at least part time, have to clean the house, take care of the laundry, feed the kids, etc... it's never ending, and very repetitive. Yes, a routine is nice, but it can get annoying.
I think being a mother is under-rated...and being a single mother is even more under-rated. I know a young single mom who (at least 5 days a week) gets up at 5am, gets her girl ready for daycare, goes to her first job from 7-3, drives to her next job from 4-who knows when then goes home and gives her girl a kiss goodnight. She does this everyday, just to get by and give her child the best life she can have. She maybe has one day off a month, and what does she do? Just wants to spend the whole day with her kid...not relax and do something for herself, she wants to have a fun filled day with her child. That is something so special. This girl works so hard, I really don't know how she does it. It really makes me think how lucky I am to have the help that I have, even though I may complain about Tim not doing enough I do greatly appreciate all of his help.
All you single mothers out there, props to you! You are amazing and special! Keep up the good work! And if you ever need a night off and need a sitter...call me!
No comments:
Post a Comment