
The Lakehouse Restaurant is not only a great place to eat, has a beautiful view of the lake (hence the name) and an awesome patio, it is a great place to work...for the most part. I have been there for 5 years now, and all in all, I have loved it. The staff there are unbelievable, they are people I will be life long friends with.
All the servers (except for the wonderful Malcolom) are women ranging in ages from 19-probably 50 (that's how old you are Lina, right?! lol...just kidding). And the unusual thing about that is that we all get along. There is no caddy-ness, not too much gossip, we all actually like each other and we all bring something from our personalities that makes it work.
There's Rachel, who is hilarious and can make you laugh despite any mood you're in; Melissa, who is also one of a kind, sarcastic (and I like it...even though some might not understand her sense of humour); Karen, who ALWAYS makes me laugh; Ginette, who NEVER stops working, she is our little energizer bunny; Marija, who is our GM, and is still the nicest and most understanding person; Amy, who is so calm and always keeps her cool; Katie, who would do anything for anyone and never complains; Shelley, who is so generous and would help out any friend in need; Sharon, who is a retiree server and has been doing the schedule this summer...all I can say is thank God for Sharon! Tiff, ...well she's just Tiff, and we all love her for that. And Pauly, our wonderful Chef, who NEVER loses his temper... hehehe, no honestly, he is awesome. And we can't forget about our boss Joseph, who if I do say so myself, is pretty great.
There are so many more, but I'd be going on forever if I wrote about everyone. Everyone who works there is important (besides you Melissa...lol) and brings something different to the Lakehouse...most of it good (again, not you Melissa...hahaha). Although we do complain about our jobs, we should reme
mber that it really is a good place to work, that is why we've all been there so long. I have worked there for a long time, and never built relationships like I have there. People don't unusually stay at serving jobs for years, so there must be a reason!
mber that it really is a good place to work, that is why we've all been there so long. I have worked there for a long time, and never built relationships like I have there. People don't unusually stay at serving jobs for years, so there must be a reason!
No comments:
Post a Comment