How do you show your spouse appreciation? According to the well known book 'The Five Love Languages' (by Gary Chapman) which I read when Tim and I first got married, I should know by now how to show him that I appreciate everything he does for me and Charlotte. But for some reason I show him with my own love language, not his. I don't know why I do this but I do.
Tim's love language is physical touch and those of you that know me know that I am not one for a lot of physical touch. WHY does his have to be that one?!?! That is the hardest one that there is for me! Maybe that's why...I need to get out of my comfort zone (I know, it's been 5 years already and I still am not one for cuddling and all that stuff) and get over it. I wonder why it's so hard for me. My love language is acts of service, and maybe a little bit of words of affirmation. I like to know I'm doing a good job as a wife and mother and I need to hear it sometimes. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE when Tim empties the dishwasher, or helps me clean up dinner. Love it more than getting flowers, candies, gifts...love it.
We were talking last night about being appreciated and how we both don't feel that from each other as much as we should. Don't get me wrong, I think he is an awesome husband and father, and I am SO lucky to have him, he definitely has his work cut out for him being married to me. He said to me the other day, "Don't you think you have such a sweet life? Like the only thing you ever have to set an alarm for is your nap." I do think I have a nice life. I love that I can stay home (for the most part) while Charlotte grows up and be with her every day. But I don't think it's the most awesome thing or anything, I mean, I am at home everyday with her ALL day long...do you know how much she talks? It is NONSTOP all day long. What's this momma? What are you doing momma? Momma, where are you? I am always doing something, running errands, getting groceries, laundry, cleaning, making dinner, changing diapers, I mean, it's not like I'm sitting on the couch all day and watching soaps or anything! I am grateful that he goes to work everyday and does everything in his power to support his family and make us happy, but I also think I do things to contribute and I thought that was how I was showing my appreciation for him, by making his dinner, doing his laundry, keeping the house clean, etc. But it's not. I have to hug him more, tell him I appreciate all his hard work, give him a frencher once in a while (hahaha...), give him what he needs. Guess I'll have to get over myself and start being more touchy...ewww... just kidding. Until next time...
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment