Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our last interview

After 5 long intense interviews, having to get rid of our dog, getting the house all 'kid' proof up to their standards we are on our way. Today is our last interview with FACS to become foster parents. After today we will be 'prime' candidates for being the ideal foster parents. It will only be a matter of time before we open our home to a child in need.
This whole experience is going to be very trying, emotional and physically. But we are so excited to start this new chapter in our lives. I know at some times I am going to want to quit, during the sleepless nights and trying to get used to having another child that has so many different needs than our own child has, but it will be worth it. I can't wait to be a good example, provide good morals and be a positive role model in this child's life. I think we are well prepared but I know that it will be nothing that we are expecting. All we can do is our best and I'm sure it will be great.
If anyone has gone through this before, I'd love some insight!

No comments: