It's another one of those trying times of parenting. I think Charlotte may be hitting the terrible two's a little early. I can no longer take her with me as I run my errands. This just started this week. Maybe she is punishing me for going away without her, I don't know. Or maybe this is normal?! I thought I'd have a little bit longer before this happened! I went to the dollar store the other day, and first of all, she wouldn't sit in the cart. No big deal, I thought. Shandi was with me, so that makes it easier, there was always one of us to watch her at all times. When we were just about done, she threw a little tantrum because she wanted this hideous doll. Normally, I'd buy her a little treat, I mean, it's a dollar...but this doll was so ugly. And she was being a little brat about it. As I dragged her to the check out line, she's crying, screaming, trying to get away from me...all of the other moms and people in line are staring at me, seeing what I'm going to do, if I'm going to give in. I feel their eyes and judgement on me...I stay strong, she didn't get anything. But it was a rough few minutes. And it made me never want to go in public with her for a while, until she grows out of this stage. I know that's not a possibility, I wish it were. We went grocery shopping the other day, thank God Tim was with me. About 90% of the time I go by myself and it's been fine until now. I bring some snacks for her and toys and try to keep her occupied, but this time, no such luck. I think I'll have to go by myself from now on. Can you train them to behave in stores? Are you supposed to? Or do you just wait until this stage is over? I didn't even leave the house yesterday with her. I had to run errands, but I waited until I had to go to work, and was a little late for work just because I couldn't bear the thought of bringing her with me. Is that bad or what? How do you push through these times? Have you ever had to leave your full cart behind and leave a store because your child has had a tantrum?
No comments:
Post a Comment