Tim and I are going to Mexico on Monday for our 5 year anniversary. And we're leaving Charlotte behind! Now that it's coming so soon, I'm starting all of my lists, getting prepared, writing out her meal plans, her daily schedule, what she likes and doesn't like, what to do if she's teething, what to do in case of an emergency...I'm getting paranoid now. I have a couple people watching her while we're gone. My girlfriend Tiffany for the first 2 days, Shandi for the next 2, and my mom for the last few. I completely trust all of them, but for some reason, I'm a little nervous. I have been away from her a few times for a night or a few nights, but I've always left her with Tim or one of our mom's, so I'm never worried. Maybe it's knowing that I'm going to be really far away, and if something happens, I can't really do too much, and I'm not going to be able to talk to them everyday to see how it's going. Well I suppose I could, but it would cost a fortune! I definitely think we will enjoy the time to ourselves...well maybe just the first 2 or 3 days, then we'll get a bit homesick. A week is a long time away from Charlotte. She will be bigger and probably look different when we get back. Even when Tim takes her to his mom's for 2 days, I think she looks different when she gets back.
Oh well, I guess there's not much I can do at this point, I'll just have to remember that Charley's in good hands and will be fine while we're gone! And we'll definitely take her with us on our next trip!
Have you ever left your young one's?
1 comment:
Lori was 14 the first time I left you guys. Beck was just a baby, Mrs Berta moved in and Dad and I went to a hotel in Buffalo for two nights with two other couples!! Wooo that was really something. We had so much fun, we decided to do it every year after that. You appreciate kids so much more when you get a break, You'll love it for the first few days, then it does feel weird. But you'll get over it quick and be ready to come home.
Post a Comment