Sometimes I think that I don't fulfill my 'wifely duties'. Things like making Tim's lunch...that RARELY happens; when I work I hardly ever make dinner for him and Charlotte, actually, when I don't work I don't really make too many dinners, maybe 2 a week. I know I should do these things, because I love him and I am a housewife. I justify it by saying that I work as well, even if it is only 20-25 hours a week, I still work, and they're late nights (if you think 10-11pm is late, which I do since I'm normally in bed by 9:30...I know, I'm a loser...). Plus, I'm really working most of the day, taking care of Charlotte, cleaning the house, doing Tim's laundry, etc. I don't know why I don't do the little things like making a dinner so it's ready when Tim gets home, or making his lunch for the next day, I mean, they don't take a long time but I just don't feel like it or I'm too tired. I feel like those things don't fit into my routine. I only take about an hour (at the most) during the day to relax, eat lunch and watch a show. Should I make that stuff part of my routine? Tim actually asked me the other day how to use the laundry machine...that's how often he has done laundry in his life. A few years ago I went away for a couple weeks with my mom, and when I got home, Tim had done a "Tim" tidy around the house. I was surprised there was nothing lying around the house. The next day I opened his closet door and laundry came piling out...honestly, there must've been 5 or 6 loads of laundry...pretty much everything he owned was in there...that's just Tim. Don't get me wrong, anyone that knows him knows he's not a lazy person, he is a working machine. He built a 1000 sq.ft. addition on our old house BY HIMSELF, while he worked full time. He is just not a tidy person, he could live in a pig stye (is that how you spell it?) and not care...
Does your husband/boyfriend do any 'wifely' duties, like laundry, cleaning, etc.? Do you make your husband/boyfriends lunch and dinner for him everyday, as well as keep up the house?
No comments:
Post a Comment