Monday, September 8, 2008

Sobey's vs. No frills


Normally I do my grocery shopping at Sobey's. I love Sobey's. It's so clean and organized. Shandi does her shopping at No Frills, it's cheaper. I don't really enjoy grocery shopping to begin with, but I really don't enjoy No Frills. I think it's because you have to bag your own groceries. I really hate bagging them.

I recently did a little grocery shopping 'experiment' to see if it is really that much cheaper. I bought all the same stuff I usually buy...and I saved about $25! But I still don't know if it's worth it! I suck at bagging my own groceries. I put all the canned goods in one bag so it's organized when I get home, but as I am carrying them in, the bag breaks because it's so heavy. The cashier at Sobey's just knows what to put in one bag so they're not all so heavy...I don't have that skill. And they're so nice at Sobey's, they actually smile and make conversation with you...at No Frills they don't give you the time of day!

The first time I went to No Frills, I was going to get a cart, you know the ones that you have to put a quarter in, and a lady was coming back to give me her cart and I took it and said thanks so much...but I didn't give her the quarter...I thought she was just doing a good deed for a young mother. After I was done my shopping, I gave my cart away to another women, to pass on the good deed. Yesterday when I went to get some groceries, a women was bringing her cart back and gave it to me with her hand out waiting for the quarter...I then realized, the first time I went to No Frills, the women that 'gave' me her cart was probably mad that I didn't give her the quarter...I just thought she was being nice. People don't just give their carts away, they want that quarter back.

I told Tim a few weeks back that I don't shop at No Frills because you have to bag your own stuff and it takes forever. He thought that was a ridiculous excuse. Then, he had to go grocery shopping for his camping trip with the guys, and he decided to go to No Frills. When he got home, he said he HATED bagging his own groceries and never wanted to do that again.

Am I being ridiculous? When you do your grocery shopping do you go to the cheaper store, or the one you like?

No comments: