Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blessed

How I ended up with two healthy, beautiful & well behaved children is beyond me. Having children and being pregnant is a scary thing. We worry about all of the problems kids have now a days, downs syndrome, cancer, cerebral palsy, attention deficit disorder, I could go on and on. It's just scary. And I have been blessed with two wonderful and super easy children. My sister in law was over last night and said that I make parenting of two children look so easy. I said it's not me, it's them. They are so good, it really is unbelievable. Charlotte was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old, and Preston at 10 weeks. They both nap at the same time, rarely cry, and Charlotte can entertain herself while I get the housework done. I really feel so lucky. I always say that God will never give you anything you can't handle, and I really don't think I could handle a child with a disability or even a difficult child. I don't have the patience! And I really look up to any parent that has to raise a difficult or special needs child. Props to you!

I was looking at Preston the other day thinking that I think I need to have another one (NOT right now, but eventually...). I like having a baby so much more this time around, maybe because I know how fast they grow, I'm really enjoying every stage this time instead of wishing for the next when he'll crawl, talk, etc. But I feel like the odds of having ANOTHER perfect child may just be a little slim.

For some reason, I think we'll end up with a houseful of kids, whether it will just 2 of our own and some foster children, or maybe we'll adopt...who knows, but I think we may have a few more than I originally wanted. I love coming from a large family (5 kids), it was so much fun growing up and when we're all together now we have the greatest time! I want that for my kids. I am normally such a planner, but not knowing this part of our lives is exciting! I know we will be faced with many challenges, especially fostering, but I know it will be so rewarding! I can't wait to see what happens!

No comments: