Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Never fails!

Today I had to go to the grocery store just to pick up a few things. We spent $200 on groceries last week, so I just had to pick up some vegetables, fruit, bread and some corn syrup for some squares I have to make. Next thing I know, I'm unloading my cart and the guy says "That'll be $112." What the heck?! Every time I go to just pick up a FEW things, it costs me the same amount as if I'm doing a full shop. I always think I'm going to spend about $40 or $50 since I spent so much the week before, but it NEVER works out that way. I see some sales on, so I grab that, if I'm hungry while I'm shopping I think everything looks delicious and get whatever I see...how do I stop the madness!? Does this ever happen to you?

I feel like lately my spending is OUT OF CONTROL! It seems like every time I leave the house I'm spending money! And I don't even have any money to spend! We tried making a budget (we've never had a budget since we've been married...I'm not a big fan of budgets) and with that, I was only supposed to spend my tips and not use the debit card. Tim asked me the other day if I was sticking to it...I just started laughing! I only work 2 nights a week, and I'm supposed to get gas, groceries and other necessities with only my tips?! That's just seems unreasonable!

Do you have a budget? How do you stick to it?

No comments: